Little things
So the English football season has started again and Saturday nights are occupied with watching football. This year wasn't so bad during the summer break as there was World Cup. But every other year, it can get quite frustrating because I suffer from football withdrawals...seriously!
My mid-week football watching is now probably gonna be really kept to a minimum since I have to get to work the next day and I know I'll so regret it during the day when I'm trying to keep myself awake. Thursday last week started off spectacularly because soccernet informed me that Manchester United had beaten Charlton and lo and behold, Middlesbrough did their trick against Chelsea again. As I was getting to work, I was thinking about the matches the night before and that really made my day. I told myself that however down I may feel, whatever negatives that get to me that day, I would just have to think about those scores and I'd feel fine.
As I was talking to a friend residing down under, I realised that sometimes it's these little things that keeps your day going, that keeps your life going. I mean, I don't really have fantastically exciting affairs happening around me all the time which perhaps may make life seem dull and grey. But sometimes it's good to look out less for sensational events and to be more acutely aware of our everyday life, we will be amazed at how much positivity we can draw out of it.
Sometimes it's in the little things, really.

<< Home